Animal farm by G. Orwell
TASK 1
competence: listening understanding
Watch the following two videos about Orwell's Novel and highlight in a map (paper or digital one) the main features of the Novel; then write the summary of Chapter I focusing the attention on the causes of the animal revolt.
Chapter I
TASK 2
competence: interpreting literary text
Watch the video of the Old Major's Speech and then read the extract from the novel (link below).
The TEXT from Chapter I - click here
Analyze the given TEXT then take notes of the main political speech's format pattern. what-makes-speech-political
TASK 3
competence: critical thinking
Cross-curricular Topic: active citizenship (government institutions)
DEBATE
Motions:
'TH believes that learning about history can stop us from repeating past mistakes.'
'TH believes that political leaders should be appointed for fixed terms in order to avoid dictatorship'
'TH believes that nowadays society is ruled by too many rules'